Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sepia Scenes






Sepia Scenes
arrives in real time (well, about an hour ago). It seems that Connecticut is in the middle of this snow event. 


Thanks again to daughter Allegra for gathering these photos. The day starts off with a lot of snow. She measured 15 inches (38 cm) of snow at 9:45 AM. The drifts are substantial, from any angle - be it our driveway, our neighborhood and even on shrubbery. 

A real inconvenience, the snow on the ground is nearly blinding in its pure white hue. So a few sepia and antique edits cut the glare. Happily, we are inside and warm....see more sepia at Mary's site! 



10 comments:

anemonen said...

You have a lot of snow too. Now we must hope that spring is coming soon. I long for spring.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

For some reason sepia and snow seem to go together.

Ma.links said...

Same amount of snow here. Great shots of the winter wonderland.

Annie said...

I've been seeing a lot of this lately - sepia tones winter landscapes. I like how the sepia impart a mood of sleepiness to the scenes.

Kramer said...

Sepia tones lend warmth to the frozen stuff.

Gunsside said...

Great shots from your daughter ;)
- looks like my place rhis week.
Have a nice day ;)

Carletta said...

Now that is a lot of snow!
I saw 14 inches in Virginia the day after Christmas and I have about five inches here in WV today.
I love the glow of the sun coming through the trees in this photo.
Stay safe and warm.

Felisol said...

I like the mild way the snow is covering a gray,harsh landscape.
I'm glad I don't have to shovel the snow.
Everything has pros and cons.
Your picture is beautiful.
While blogging I sometimes wonder; do all Americans live in the country side?
On TV they all live in huge cities.

Johnny Nutcase said...

15 inches! It's been a long time since I've seen that much snow - though I wouldn't mind now. The temp. hasn't gotten about freezing for more than a week now where I am and still no snow - if it's gonna be this cold, it needs to snow! That's quite the blanket you've got!

Lisa said...

I'll see you got a lot of snow as well. Nice sepia picture.