Monday, February 28, 2011

Ruby Tuesday - Wheelchair height

Ruby Tuesday arrives, and warm weather rubies were sought for this week’s endeavor. Patti and I went to an outdoor wedding held alongside beautiful Candlewood Lake in western Connecticut. Here, the bride and groom recite their vows. 


This is a nice scene where it was appropriate to stand. Of course with the wheelchair, I don’t participate in such. However, the sidewalk was a place to view the proceedings in my case, to at least see the activity in front of the gazebo. With the camera, naturally...


Rubies are all about at wheelchair height, including the dresses (except the lovely Patti who is in blue), ties on the groomsmen and the flowers. Who’d have thought six or so years later that ruby could possibility enter into things? Whatever your ruby fancy may be, visit Mary’s fun meme for lots more!

18 comments:

Kramer said...

I want a floral print shirt like that one.

Lola said...

Happy Ruby Tuesday,
And *see* you again soon!
Lola)

btw Here’s mine!

Gizelle said...

very effective viewpoint! this is actually how wedding photographers do it, you just need a bouquet of flowers on the guests hand ;-) lovely nonetheless...

Liz said...

Great capture.

My entries:
Moms...Check Nyo
Yummy-as-can-be

Greyscale Territory said...

A wonderful, vibrant print that contrasts beautifully with the bridal party outfits! Great shot leading to the happy couple!

Birgitta - foto CHIP said...

Such a lovely picture and the red dresses are perfect for RT.
Happy RT!

bj said...

What a beautiful wedding this must have been. That blue water out there looks amazing. :)

EG Wow said...

Weddings held outdoors are so NICE!

Tink *~*~* said...

Sometimes, point of view is everything - adds a fresh perspective to the tableau at hand. Nice :)

*~*~*

Pagan Sphinx said...

Nice weather! You must catch a lot of great shadows with your camera when you are in the chair.

My rubies are my girls this week. Come on over to The Pagan Sphinx, my main blog!

Gina

Dianne said...

beautiful setting

ellen b. said...

Beautiful setting for sure. I'm glad the weather cooperated. It really is interesting to see how much red appeared in the guests clothing...

chubskulit said...

A very nice event to spot some rubies.

I think you linked the wrong RT in the linky, it redirected me to the Shadow shot hehehe.

Maria @ LSS said...

What a lovely photo.

Happy Ruby Tuesday!

Mine's here.

casseydab said...

a beautiful shot^^ happy ruby tuesday enjoy your day and have a blessed time. here is my quote for you today
Courage doesn’t always roar.
Sometimes courage is the quiet voice
at the end of the day saying,
“I will try again tomorrow.”
http://casseydab-spec.blogspot.com/2011/02/ruby-tuesday-my-niece-with-her-korean.html

Jim said...

That was a pretty outdoor wedding, Ralph. I had a little trouble getting the picture in as it was bunched up at the left for me.

Happy RT! It has been a while since I posted for Mary and her bunch so it nice to be back to see you and yours.
..

Mama Zen said...

Cool shot!

Robin said...

What a beautiful spot for a wedding, right on the water like that.

(Psst... I just put up a giveaway for a $50 gift certificate - swing by my blog for a chance to win.)

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!