Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sepia Scenes - Winter will not quit



Sepia Scenes arrives on another winter day, in a week and season of too much frozen precipitation. In my years, I haven't seen this much snow. Even in color, the monochrome white snow looks and feels cold.


But not without a hint of beauty. However, a bit of editing with a hint of sepia, the views are enhanced a bit. Maybe a bit warmer. At least the glare of the snow is muted slightly.


The view above is last Thursday after the driveway was shoveled. The snowy alp in the foreground is where the snow of the day went, on top of the three previous snowstorms...




The look is from wheelchair height. I estimate that snow pile to be over 4 feet (122 cm) tall. Backing out of the driveway and making left turns are made with care, as it is impossible to see over the snow.


The view below was taken behind the front door about an hour ago. Last night it was sleet, now it is freezing rain. I hope to get out of the house sometime.


The snow by the railings is tall because two men shovel the snow 3-4 feet off the roof yesterday. The sepia changes the mood slightly, just warming things up slightly. It would be nice if the sepia melted it all...See more soothing sepia at Mary's meme!     

9 comments:

Marie said...

Looks like ton of snow. Indeed it would be nice with a warmer season now. Please keep warm :-)

Annie said...

Harsh, Raph. Hope you and Patricia are snug and comfy and not suffering too much difficulty with this terrible weather.

Birgitta - foto CHIP said...

Oh my ... that IS a lot snow and a lot of work! Here the snow is gone now :)

http://fotochip.blogspot.com/2011/02/sepia-scenes.html

anemonen said...

Thanks for dropping by Käringafällan. The snow will not stop here either. I hate the snow this year. It been a long long winter. You have the same problem over there. Great photo in sepia. The best with the winter is that snow is lovely in sepia tone. Have a great photo day.

msdewberry said...

This has been a particularily hard winter everywhere. More snow, more harsh cold. That is a lot of snow in your photos, I would not want to venture out either! I can't wait for spring to arrive!

Linda said...

I'm having a tough time finding the beauty in all of this snow anymore even though I think I had some decent shots from my excursion with your beautiful bride this past Saturday. I even snuck some pictures of her into the mix if you want to check it out on my blog.

I'm looking forward to a journey back to Kent Falls during warmer weather with yourself and a picnic basket along, too!

Lisa said...

It looks like a typical Swedish winter in my part of Sweden "Södra Norrland" (South of Northland) ;)

Y. Ikeda said...

Nice sepia photo with a massive amount of snow. I can't wait for the spring to come. I should be glad that we only had a couple of snowfalls in our area.
Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend, Ralph.
Yoshi

Johnny Nutcase said...

4 feet of snow,whoa! It's been a while since i've been in that much snow. It looks cold, but also looks pretty..and kind of tempting to jump into!