Monday, March 21, 2011

Ruby Tuesday - Winter ruby reminder

Ruby Tuesday arrives today as Spring begins officially, if not really (yet) on a day of cold wet snow and rain around here.


So as to appreciate the end of Winter, I revert to a different place and time. That being the view from the porch of Grandpa's house at 1645 Oregon Avenue in Steubenville Ohio. The time is about 1977, the season obvious.


His last new car, a 1976 Dodge Coronet wagon is nicely buried under our least favorite form of precipitation. The rubies stand out as being the red brick on the abodes on the other side of Oregon Ave. 


With scenes like this, we do know that the bloom of Spring will occur soon, so not to worry. At least the massive snow allows the chosen rubies to stand out a bit more. See more seasonal rubies at Mary's meme!


13 comments:

anemonen said...

Lovely post and you seem to have a lot of snow yet? Here the snow soon is gone for this time. Have a nice day.

bj said...

Ralph, I can tell, thru your various posting about your Grandpa, that you loved him very much. I know how you must feel when you look at photos like this...all the times you stood on that same front porch, probably many times with him.
I pray my grandkids will remember me with that love, too. :)
I love looking at all your olden photos. Do you use a scanner?
Have a blessed week.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

If I recall correctly, snow on the ground is only a memory for you now. What a relief!


A TOUCH OF RED

They say that just one touch of red
Will put big, bold thoughts in your head.
So scarlet’s for you,
And burgundy too,
And cardinal and carmine—‘nuff said!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

People and Signs in Red

Felisol said...

What an enchanting street to live in, almost fairytale like.
I'm sure you have lost of good memories from Oregon Ave.

Carletta said...

I'm glad I don't have the wet and rainy snow you're seeing today. It has been near 70 here with some light rain only.
I love the vintage photo. Life so much different in those neighberhoods when everyone was really 'neighbors'.
Hope you've had a great day Ralph!

Dianne said...

the car sure is buried
I love the older photo hue

Kim, USA said...

Oh oh I am all for Spring. Currently we have rain here in MI which I don't mind than having snow again ^_^ Nice photo color!
Cardinal

DrillerAA09 said...

Spring has arrived in the Ozarks. It is 75 and sunny today. Woohoo! I'll send some your way. Happy RT.

anne said...

So enchanting I always want to experience snow

Ruby Tuesday

Stephanie V said...

What a beautiful way nature has of showcasing even the least obvious rubies. Nice post!

ellen b. said...

Oh dear what a good reminder of how Spring begins in other parts of the country. Happy Ruby Tuesday to you! Fun vintage photo!

chubskulit said...

According to the weather channel, we will still have snow on Thursday, arrrgghhh..

Nice photo Ralph, have a nice evening. Pardon for my late visit.

EG Wow said...

Spring is here...so the calendar says. BUT it's going to snow here tonight and tomorrow! EW!