Monday, April 11, 2011

Ruby Tuesday - Allegra the Bunny



There is nothing like a good book, full of suspense or merely a good story.


Ruby Tuesday brings out daughter Allegra, burrowed into not a rabbit hole, but instead a book about a subject of favor in our home - bunnies.


The story has her full attention it seems. We trust that the tearful cover has a happy ending, but we do not need to know no matter how much much we want to. The story should keep our attention while telling it, and gives us a lesson. If it is not to preachy in tone, it will be a lesson that is well told - therein lies the art of a good writer...


I’d say that Allegra divulges nothing. We will have to read to find out by ourselves...


Visit Mary’s ruby meme for every shade of ruby at Mary’s meme


15 comments:

Maria @ LSS said...

She looks pretty concentrated on that book. I hope it has a happy ending. :)

Happy RT!

Mine's here.

EG Wow said...

Must be a great book as Allegra doesn't appear to know you are taking her photo. :)

Kramer said...

Must be a good book. Lovely RT!

maryt/theteach said...

Great shot, Ralph, and would love to know how the story ends! :)

Patti said...

Our bunny reading about a bunny. Just like when she was little.

Mirage said...

Had I not been a blogger, I'm a children's book writer :) Wait, I think that's doable both at the same time!

Her nose is buried deep in the book...so to speak!

DrillerAA09 said...

Even the bunny is dressed in red. Have a great RT.

bj said...

What an adorable post. So so sweet.

Oh, dear...Ralph, my friend, I am so afraid I got too preachy in my post today. Sometimes, my heart is filled with something or other that just seems to spill out into a post.
Won't you please give me your thoughts on it? I do value your opinions so much.
Thanks and hug your Patti for me today.:)

Felisol said...

Great capture. Allegra is literally buried in a book.
such a sweet book too.

Jeri ~ said...

What a great photo!! Happy RT!!

Carletta said...

I'm loving the vintage cover and assume it would be quite a collectable. The owl peeking in the window has a pipe in his mouth which isn't indicative of today's 'political correctness'. I've collected old children's books for years and I just notice those things.
Times change, however I love old book illustrations and the smell of a pipe with cherry tobacco brings back many childhood memories.
Love the shot Ralph!

STEF said...

Seems like a nice story to read. Happy RT!
Hope you can visit my daughter's entry and mine too! Thanks!

Greyscale Territory said...

Allegra is so engrossed in her book! An intense reader in the making here!

Robin said...

Ahhh, there's nothing like the feeling of losing yourself inside a good story :).

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

nonizamboni said...

I'm still fixating on that one big tear coming out of the poor bunny's eye. . .great choice for RT: childhood, beloved books, happy endings, and bunnies [perhaps feeling a bit of spring fever?] A treat, as always!!