Monday, April 18, 2011

Ruby Tuesday - Barn Red





Ruby Tuesday is back, and we look for the reds all about us. 


The pictures were from a previous summer old car show and open house at the Shelton (CT) Historical Society, captured by the lovely Patti. 


The exhibit building is actually in a restored barn of the 1800s. Except for the asphalt ramp, it looks and feels old. 


A barn in ruby stands the test of time. 







As does the restored replica of a Shelton police vehicle of its day, that being 1957.


The rubies on this Chevrolet Delray are the obligatory red ‘cherry top’ light on the roof as well as the red spotlight. 


Todays vehicle have blinding electronic light bars - the simple lighting reflects the times...Rubies show up all over, so see Mary’s fun meme


13 comments:

bj said...

I love love love your rubies this week. I have a thing about barns.:)

Am I nuts or does Mary not have her RT up yet? Wonder why?? Hope she is ok.

Dinah said...

I love how they do these restorations for us to enjoy! loving the barn too ;-)

More Wedding

Vhen said...

how nice.... visiting you from RT!

here's mine:

nice photos there...

http://everyday-is-a-new-day-vhen.blogspot.com/2011/04/its-date.html

http://vlayugan.blogspot.com/2011/04/are-they-twins.html

http://point-shoot-vhen.blogspot.com/2011/04/red-flower.html

see you there! thanks=)

DrillerAA09 said...

Gotta love that '57 Chevy police car. Great RT.

Dimple said...

Great reds this week, Ralph! I like them both, with a slight edge to the police car, which reminds me of my childhood!

Annie said...

Hi Ralph. Love the old police unit. Very Mayberry.

There is a new barn right up the road from us painted this great read. It's quite a standout as it's surround by so many older and faded barns.

Kim, USA said...

I like the old police car too. I remember the show Mayberry. Thanks for sharing Ralph!
RT

chubskulit said...

I think the old police car is much better looking than the new ones. "Simplicity is Beauty."

Greyscale Territory said...

A grand old rambling barm perfect for displaying vintage pieces! And love the style of that old police car!

Christine said...

Very cool ruby shots! I love the ruby lights on the car. Enjoy your week!

EG Wow said...

I like that red barn, Ralph. Seeing the old police car does bring back memories of a simpler time. I guess our lives are so complicated now that we need tons and tons of flashing lights to know the police want to pull us over. :)

forgetmenot said...

I love your comment--"a barn in ruby stands the test of time". Great photo of the barn. Thanks for your nice comments on my post. Appreciate it!!!! Have a great Easter weekend. Mickie :)

Carletta said...

I see I'm not the only one thinking of Mayberry when I look at this old car. :)
I love any old barn and red is always the perferred color. :)