Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ruby Tuesday - Head Coverings

Ruby Tuesday allows us the luxury of lots or little red. Sometimes the smaller amounts stand out significantly more because of the color. 


The reason for red is found in one of the hats that Patti wears these days. Her hair is falling out due to the chemotherapy. So now, fashion necessity is in vogue as Patti has purchased two hats to date, one blue and another red.


We met Connecticut blog friend Linda (Duchess of Norwich) in Waterford, about an hour from our home for conversation and food (in that order). 


Conversing and dining while someone takes our order and delivers same is always fun. Naturally, after desert photo taking while Patti showcases a stylish elegant chapeau is in order.


Allegra catches Patti in the mirror, the ruby hat in view, while I captured friends in a natural pose (wheelchair height). 


Their smiles genuine, friends indeed. We all agreed to meet for seafood at the shore in July, where the end of chemo will be something to raise our glasses to - a toast will be in order! 


See rubies of style at Mary's fun meme!


13 comments:

Linda said...

Wow! A picture of myself that I actually like! There's definitely something to be said for being shot at wheelchair height!

I had a lovely time seeing you and Patti and Allegra again and I am most definitely looking forward to our get-together on the shore this summer. We'll absolutely raise a glass or two to the end of chemo and hopefully an end to the cancer shortly after that also!

Kim, USA said...

I so agree the red hat stand out. Love the smiles!

Red tulip

Leora said...

Well, I do like the red hat! Best wishes to Patti.

Dimple said...

Well, Patti may not belong to that Red Hat Society where they wear purple dresses, also, or she may. But a red topper surely gives her spirits a boost whenever they need it, and says to whomever is looking, "I am a winner!"

Wonderful post, Ralph!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Please tell Patti that either the red hat or the blue looks just fine on her!

A SPLASH OF RED

A splash of red or a dash of blue—
Which is the color that’s just for you?

A hint of blue or a tint of red—
Which of these colors goes to your head?

Of all the colors under the sun,
Red is simply my favorite one!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Riot of Red

Dianne said...

I really ove the top shot
very artistic
and of course Linda and Patti smiling always makes for a lovely shot

forgetmenot said...

What fun getting together with a fellow blogger. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and Patti, and I hope the chemotherapy goes well. The red hat adds a little "pizazz" to wherever Patti goes, I'm sure. Have a lovely week. Mickie :)

Cafe au lait said...

It must have been fun meeting with a blogger. Nice red hat.

I played too. My entries are here and here.

☆ Melissa ☆ said...

I'm new to the Ruby Red Tuesday hop.. great colors in this post, see you again next week :))

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

Patti looks very dapper in her red chapeau!!!

BIRD'S EYE VIEW
link to my Ruby Tuesday - my newest watercolor painting

Have a super day!!!

DrillerAA09 said...

Perfect capture for a Ruby Tuesday.

chubskulit said...

Dining with friends is always fun and exciting. That's a lovely red hat!

ellen b. said...

Wonderful shots of hats and friends. That will be a good celebration in July. Praying all goes well with her treatment!