Monday, May 16, 2011

Ruby Tuesday - Puttering around




Ruby Tuesday arrives in a season of green all around. At least in our yard, there is nary a ruby about.


On a recent warm and sunny day, I hunt for photo meme subjects around the homestead. carting around the point-and-shoot


Moving to and ‘fro, skies, shadows and reflections jump at me. Then, finally, a hint of red that allows for the requisite a lot or a little ruby.


Granted it is not a precious gemstone, merely a utilitarian polycarbonate taillight lens on my van. Useful in function, perfect in hue.


See rubies from all over at Mary’s fun meme! 


14 comments:

Kramer said...

But with the bumpersticker and flection? The picture tells a story...

Mirage said...

And I see you there too! Great pick!

Kim, USA said...

You've found the elusive ruby red! Thanks for the visit!
RT

Liz said...

A perfect entry for RT.

My entries:
Moms...Check Nyo
Yummy-as-can-be

Maria @ LSS said...

Great find for ruby. Happy RT!

bj said...

Amazing photo for RT., Ralph.
Upon first look, it seems a simple but very nice picture. Studying it, seeing your reflection, the emblem on the car....AWESOME.
Prayers for your pretty Patti.

Felisol said...

Great red, also great scenery reflected in the car. I think I'm seeing you as well.

Carletta said...

I think your 'useful in function, perfect in hue' taillight was an excellent choice. The reflection also captures shows us just how nice a day it was for you to be in pursuit of the elusive ruby.
Nice shot Ralph!

forgetmenot said...

I love your narration for "Puttering Around"--sometimes there just aren't lovely "red things" sitting around waiting to be photographed. Nice post. Mickie :)

innergybeauty said...

Wish I can have a car so beautiful like that one day! Happy Ruby Tuesday!

Robin said...

No, not rubies, but yet still precious for the independence it affords.

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

DrillerAA09 said...

And there is your reflection to give proof to your adventure. Happy RT.

chubskulit said...

Oh, I love the reflection you've captured.

Sara Chapman in Seattle, USA said...

And a reflection shot as well! Well done.