Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sepia Scenes - Sandy Sepia


Sepia Scenes returns, and I look back to the past to different people, times and places.


The scan here has deteriorated over time, the photo faded and not sharp. Yet it is an intriguing take.


The people include my father as a child, his mother (Grandma V.) to the right and perhaps his grandmother - which side I am uncertain. Let's assume he at age 4, about 1931.


The place is a beach. I don't imagine it is Atlantic City or Brigantine NJ, as I don't think they dreove that far until the Pennsylvania Turnpike was opened in 1940. I couldn't imagine driving the old US 30 over the Allegheny Mountains. 


Perhaps a local Ohio lake or even a beach on Lake Erie. Wherever it may be, the light antique adds a true look of the past, faded as it may be.


See sepia shots at Mary's monochrome meme

5 comments:

Felisol said...

This looks to right in sepia, perfect actually.
Your grandmother in bathing suit was quite an impressive lady.
Your great grandmother is also up to date in her beach dress.
Do you look like your father? somehow I thought you were the third person on the picture.

Linda Makiej said...

Really BEAUTIFUL sepia!!
Glad to follow you now!!

bettyl said...

That's an awesome shot! Sadly, I don't have any photos from the past, so I love looking at others'.

Genie said...

What a wonderful old picture. The bathing suit reminds me of some of the photos I have of my mother in the early 1900’s. Amazing in sepia...but then so many of the photos were in sepia. Loved your post today.

onangelwings said...

Faded or not it will now last forever in virtual/digital form. Love the dress at the beach. I should do this.
http://reesspace.blogspot.com/2011/05/sepia-scenes-blooms-in-antique.html