Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sepia Scenes - Charles Span

I like soaring vehicular spans. Be it old, massive and iron (the Queensboro) or modern and sleek, a graceful bridge stands out. Its functionality is the main reason for its looks, yet a stylish form may result from that function.


So for Sepia Scenes, I present a monochrome edit of the most stylish Zakim Memorial Bridge spanning the Charles River in Boston. Its graceful linear geometry looks so nice either under a blue or a sepia sky. We are on the Somerville side as I-93 south towers over us on its way to the Hub.


See sepia in so many ways at Mary's monochrome meme!


4 comments:

Ms. Becky said...

this is a wonderful perspective, and the design reminds me of our Calatrava here in Milwaukee. this works beautifully in sepia. I hope you have a wonderful day Ralph.

Scrappy Grams said...

spectacular!

Linda said...

Great shot, Ralph! I just love this bridge and the perspective from which you've captured it. Kudos!!

maryt/theteach said...

A beautiful bridge with not-so-beautiful name! Thanks for playing Sepia Scenes, Ralph!