Saturday, June 4, 2011

Shadow Shot Sunday - Surrounded







Shadow Shot Sunday arrives courtesy of Tracy in Brisbane.

And it arrives on a beautiful day. Under a pleasant day of blue skies, a low 71°F (22°C) and devoid of the massive humidity earlier this week. 
In a local car park, I disembark from the van onto the asphalt lot, point and shoot Canon in tow. Set at 'auto', charged batteries and with plenty of space on the SD card...


Thus, a day of sunshine allows for a multitude of shadows and reflections.













Such as the typical disabled icon that delineates particular parking spaces.

As if I were on a dock with a baited line, I would instead be fishing for shadows...

Despite the Dodge being encrusted with pollen, the ‘wheelchairs' and crosshatch stripes reflect well onto the dark blue flanks of the vehicle. 


And given the multiple shapes that make up a modern vehicle, we see that the wheelchair guy may show up in multiple places, as in the top view.

This was a day to savor in the fresh cool air in under a sunny orb. 


As such, several perspectives were sought, scrutinized, shot and saved. Perhaps mundane subjects, but always perfect for SSS.


Shadows and sun are a stylish combination, all happily captured on the nicest of days. So, see much more in the way of shadow art at the always fun Hey Harriet!

24 comments:

cieldequimper said...

I'm not too sure about shadows but I like the reflections!

Sylvia K said...

Terrific captures for the day, Ralph! We've had two sunny, blue-sky days in a row here in Seattle and not a cloud in the sky as I sit here at my desk soaking up the beauty! Hope you and Patty have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy!


Sylvia

Sylvia K said...

Sorry, I mean Patti!! You can tell I haven't been up long -- the brain isn't in gear! Takes longer every year!!

S

Patti said...

Sylvia: You're forgiven. :-) Patti

Ralph: car park? you are so European

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Really neat! It took me a minute to figure out the second one. Glad that you had such a nice day.

Take care,

Kathy M.

Catherine said...

great reflections - nicely done!

Cassie said...

Good morning Ralph. You have a good eye for these things! Happy SSS.

MyMaracas said...

The world looks so different in reflections. I like the effect in that second one, especially.

Glad you're getting some sunshine!

frayedattheedge said...

I love the second one - it looks as if the van has racing stripes!

Ms. Burrito said...

Nice shadow shots!

Can I invite you to join the meme I just launched? It is called Color Connection, you can just post anything with color of your choice. Hope you can join the fun. Thank you!

EG Wow said...

Hooray for the sun! I hope your days are sunny this week, Ralph. In the second shot the air looks a bit hazy.

Kay L. Davies said...

Good stuff, Ralph!
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Oh, dear, Ralph! You've overshadowed the handicap sign in the parking lot! Is there a penalty for that? :-)


BE MY COMPANION

Come here, my shadow,
Do not delay;
Be my companion,
Show me the way;
Teach me your secrets,
Chant as we go
Of light and darkness—
Make my heart glow!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Shadows here and here

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Yes Ralph : ) my frog prince really does say 'ribbit" but very quietly!
I too know this icon well .. and the prized van hardly shows any pollen .. it is just right to capture the reflection : )
Lets hope for more days without that horrible humidity .. one feature I hate about living near Lake Ontario!
Joy & her frog prince : )

Gallery Juana said...

I gave up washing the car this past spring, as the pollen would just be there the next day on it. Your vehicle looks clean and shiny in the first pic:)

Paula Scott said...

Believe it or not, we are getting a tn of smoke and a ton of ash from the wildfire in AZ. Which would seem too far away to have such an impact, but it does!
Did you notice the pattern in the first image of yours on the bottom left of the car? Neat pattern of the stripes and handicap icon...I got distracted by that and forgot about the shadows!

Ms. Becky said...

I think your humidity drifted my way. it seems we get a choice of cool and dry or hot and humid. I like the in-between days myself. and I like your blues here Ralph. especially that first shot with the reflections too. have a great weekend, and happy SSS.

Greyscale Territory said...

Striking, shiny reflections! You can feel the pulse of warmth!

Jeanette said...

Love the reflections on the vehicle. Great pictures. I carry my camera with me most of the time so that I am ready to shoot the shadows that I happen to encounter as I go about my day. Thanks for sharing yours!!

Richie's 2ts Inspires said...

U always rock, bro! am back!!!

Hope to see you again.
/chie

Crafty Green Poet said...

it looks hot there!

sarayutouched said...

no shadow is every mundane to us shadow chasers!! love shadows...love them all

chubskulit said...

Perfect spot and time, love that first shot. We are enjoying every bit of warm days before c0ld days rolls in again.

Hey Harriet said...

Great photos Ralph! I agree that shadows and sun are a stylish combination. Have a great week :)