Friday, July 15, 2011

Tina's Pic Story - A Tale of Two Beaches


I have found a most interesting new photo blog, Pic Story, and am happy to play along!

I named this post A Tale of Two Beaches. I did so as each picture is of the same beach, two views that seem different in character. So, a sense of perspective then is in order.

The place in question is Kalmus Beach, which is on Cape Cod, and is one of the six town beaches in Hyannis. It is not on the Atlantic, but on Nantucket Sound (no big waves on a nice day). On the ocean side of the Cape, the water temperature is barely 63° F (17.5° C), on the Sound, a much more pleasant 74°F (23° C).
The top view is of beach along the Sound. It looks calm, quiet and uninhabited. Yet below, we see the beach on the harbor from the picnic pavilion. It is busier with many people and moored sailboats. Which side of the beach do we prefer?


4 comments:

Leckeres für Mensch und Katze said...

Thanks for sharing this beautiful beach with us on *PicStory*. I´m glad you found us! :)
I like both sides of the beach. :) LG Tina

Al said...

I like both sides - great shots! I would love to spend a couple of weeks on Cape Cod in the summer.

Pradeepa said...

I prefer the first. Lovely blue sea. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Patti said...

Nice shots, Ralphie. That was a fun vacation!