Monday, July 18, 2011

Ruby Tuesday - Fading fast

Ruby Tuesday returns as do I to one of the five boroughs in New York City.


This print is from 1961, I believe Easter Sunday, and has been seen before. The color prints of the day didn't hold up well at all, fading after 50 years as they all did then. Yet, a hint of ruby exists in my Easter suit. I don't remember much of it now, except I went shopping with my grandparents, sitting in between then in their 1961 Dodge Seneca station wagon (naturally, so seatbelts). I think the department store was Alexenders, and those of a certain age in the metro NYC area no doubt remember these. Although my memories are fading as well. A sepia edit of this scan is probably in order...


Naturally all three generations of Ralph are represented here at the apartment on 42nd Avenue in Bayside. Faded or not, ruby always abounds all over, brilliantly or fading. See Mary's fun meme!


9 comments:

Kim, USA said...

You look so cute with your red coat Ralph ^_^

Ruby Tuesday

Felisol said...

Wonderfully memories, living, even if the colour is fading.
I'm sure your blazer was fireman red.
I think that was the in thing in those days. High red or marine blue.
The grandfather and dad are looking so prod to be with you.
Another happy memory in your foundation of life.

Dianne said...

I remember Alexanders
I always got my Easter stuff at Martin's on Fulton Street

the photo is so dear Ralph
I love the smiles and I love your missing tooth

Liz said...

What beautiful memories. I agree with Kim, you look so cute in that suit.

My entries:
Moms...Check Nyo
Yummy-as-can-be

Mirage said...

I was watching A Beautiful Mind earlier, somehow .. this photo has a lot of relation to that regarding color and clothing! Lovely entry!

Leckeres für Mensch und Katze said...

Nice old shot! If you like, join us on *PicStory*. You are warmly invited! :) LG Tina

bj said...

I love this 3 generation photo with you in your cute little red suit.
I also love the fact of how much you love your family. I so enjoy all the olden photos of you with them...
I, too, have many pictures that are fading..the worst seems to be those taken with the old One Step Land cameras...they are fading really bad.
Have a great rest of the week.

Maria @ LSS said...

Cute Ralph!

Happy RT!

Mine's here.

chubskulit said...

Another beautiful copy of family photo!