Monday, August 29, 2011

Ruby Tuesday - Erosion yet to be




For Ruby Tuesday, Mary's excellent meme, I am going back a few weeks to the beach walk astride Long Island Sound in West haven, CT. The flags sitting on the poles are a ruby that works well I'd say.

The beaches as I understand have eroded substantially in this past weekend's tropical storm that arrived at high tide, although I haven't seen the damage yet.We live about eight miles from this beach as the grackle flies, but did not lose electricity, just a branch or two. Happily for us, but not for the 700,000 customers in Connecticut (out of a population of 3.5 million) who did. 

This pic for today's meme, a look at the activities along the beach in times of better weather and activity.

See more rubies in good weather or not at this fun meme!

11 comments:

bj said...

G'morning, Ralph, I got right behind you on RT this morning. :)
I am so glad ya'll didn't get all the flooding and loss of power. It was a terrible storm.
The red flag is perfect for RT.

ilanadavita said...

I am glad you were not badly hit by Irene.
I find flags cheering.

Liz said...

Glad to hear you're ok. Happy RT!

My entries:
Moms...Check Nyo
Yummy-as-can-be

Lola said...

So glad too you're OK!

Patti said...

We lucked out this time, Ralphie!

Happy Ruby Tuesday ~

Forty Pound Sack said...

So glad you weathered the storm so well. Nice photo ~

Cildemer said...

A very nice entry for RT!
Glad your weren't hurt by Irene!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful pic;o)

***
Have a nice and happy week****

chubskulit said...

I feel so bad for those that got affected. Your picture is a sign of hope, I am praying that everything will be back to normal soon.

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Awesome photo ~ glad you are safe and hopefully everyone will be so soon ~ thanks ~namaste, Carol ~ Happy Ruby T from A Creative Harbor

Kim, USA said...

Hello Ralph, was thinking of you the past few days when hurricane Irene lashed her fury. Glad to know you are all okey. Happy Tuesday!

Red Charm

anemonen said...

Awesome picture. Like it! Have a nice week.