Monday, September 5, 2011

Pic Story - Winter wood




Tina has provided the fun meme Pic Story. The idea, as always, goes back to that old saying that One picture is worth a 1000 words. The theme for this week is Wood. 

My submittal goes back to the unusually snowy winter we 'enjoyed' in this last season, the day 27-December 2010, the view being outside our front door the morning after the storm. Granted, the snow accumulation (15 in/38 cm) is so pure here, a sheet of frozen precipitation that looks beautiful under the blue sky despite very windy and cold conditions.

The wheelchair railing is where some of the wood sits. The dark stain actually highlights the grain of the wood, as it stands out against the snowy blanket that covers the ground...Naturally, the bare trees define 'wood' quite well, too.

Thanks to Tina for this great meme!

7 comments:

J Bar said...

good shot

forgetmenot said...

Hi Ralph, Thanks for the nice comments on my post. It is sooooo nice to see "snow". Wow, after all the hot weather we have had, I can't wait for fall, then winter and all that lovely, lovely snow. Have a great week. Mickie :)

SquirrelQueen said...

The wood really shows up well against the snow. With our ninety plus weather the snow looks very refreshing. But all I have to do is remember shoveling snow last winter and I think I'll keep summer for awhile longer. ;)

Leckeres fuer Mensch und Katze - Goodies for a pleasant life said...

Great shot. The wood in front of the snow looks very good. Thanks for joining PicStory :)

Al said...

We had an unusually dry winter, I don't think we had one snowfall that large all winter. But your nice photo is making me look forward to this winter!

Kim, USA said...

Oh my I am not ready for this scenario yet ^_^ Happy Wednesday!

PicStory

Patti said...

Let it snow, let it snow...

But not too much!