Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sepia Scenes - Ascending...


Sepia Scenes returns, and I know what I see here, but it contains an illusion, to me anyway. 


What we actually see is the rise of the steel arch on Cape Cod's Sagamore Bridge. This is the route US 6 entry to the famous vacation sandbar. 


I like the tall steel bridges like this and the Bayonne to New Jersey, where function offers its own style.


The illusion in this edit, I feel like I am in the lead car of a roller coaster rising to the top of the first drop on the other side - I am almost anticipating the rush of the wind as we accelerate fast down the track. I know what it is, yet like the alternate feeling it provides. Even the light fixture is like the sign that says Keep Hands Inside Car...we could almost be ridingThe Cyclone?

See sepia, illusory or otherwise, at Mary's meme!



6 comments:

Rinkly Rimes said...

It's interesting how the design on the bridge is echoed in the design on the street light.

Marie said...

Agree with Rinkly Rimes, interesting echoed design there. onderful in sepia Ralph. Please have a great day.

Lew said...

Love the old bridge!

Kramer said...

The roller coaster ride, leaves the image a little giddy?

Gunsside said...

I see what you mean,just like a rollercoaster, great bridge ;))

Patti said...

You and your roller coasters!

Nice photo ;-)