Monday, September 26, 2011

Tina's Pic Story - Colorful eatery


Tina graciously hosts the unique blog Tina's PicStory - every picture allows for 1,000 words. We merely need to capture the photo. The theme this week is Colors.


This is one of our favorite eateries, the Olympia Diner on the Berlin Turnpike (Routes 5 and 15) in Newington CT. Opened in 1952, this seems to be the last of the era of stainless-steel train car style diners. One of my favorite dishes is the corned beef hash - the best I've had anywhere.


The colors stand out especially in the neon sign - the bold red Olympia and the bright yellow Diner are combined with the green walls inside the restaurant. The fluted steel is a fine silver color and the building sits under a pale gray-blue evening sky. I think that I am able to comply with this theme...


See the wonderful world of color at this fun meme!


5 comments:

Tina´s PicStory said...

You really catched the colors. Thanks for joining us and thanks for the nice introduction :)

Mona Sweden said...

Very elegant. Beautiful light and colors.

Robin said...

Great capture. I miss real east coast style diners, there's just nothing like them over here.

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

Kim, USA said...

I've been nagging hubby to bring me to a diner. Here in Michigan seems like we don't have one that is close to us. ^_^ This place looks great I can only imagine the good food in here.

PicStory

SquirrelQueen said...

What a great looking diner, you really captured some great colors. Too bad these wonderful places are dying out, hopefully this one will be around for many more years.