Monday, October 31, 2011

Tina's Pic Story - My kind of town

Tina graciously hosts the fun meme Pic Story. We hope to let the pics shout their 1000 words, while she provides the theme for the week it is meine Stadt - my Town. I am happy to provide information while letting the pictures do as much talking as possible.

My town is Ansonia, Connecticut, population about 18,500. It sits near Long Island Sound, about 85 miles northeast of New York City. An old manufacturing town, it has a only a little bit of industry left. However, it now more is a suburb for the nearby New Haven and Bridgeport.

We have lived here since 1991, when Allegra was aged two years and Cameron a baby at four months. Thus, it is our home.

Here are two views of the Ansonia city hall, decorated for the autumn. The views were taken on two different years at different exposures. The building was opened in 1905, and modified in 1993 for wheelchair access. It is gorgeous inside with beautiful and ornate woodwork from that era. 


This is a brief bit of detail about my town - Thanks Tina for this week's theme!

5 comments:

Lola said...

Hi Ralph!

If you'd like to provide a bit of information about Linus (and what the problem is), I'd be happy to include him in my next Lola Lifeline!

(Sounds intriguing!)

Tina´s PicStory said...

thanks for sharing this beautiful pics and info about your city with us! must be nice to live there :)

Al said...

That looks like a nice town - I could probably almost see it when I lived on Long Island growing up. Nice photos!

I'm amused at your October snow. We've already had two snowstorms dumping over a foot of snow between them (the first was over 3 weeks ago), with two more possible storms this week. I guess that's what I get for living at altitude!

Mona Sweden said...

What an impressive building. Love the entrance and the details under the roof.

C. K. said...

Hallo Ralph, danke für den virtuellen Stadtrundgang!
Liebe grüße, Christiane