Monday, October 3, 2011

Tina's Pic Story - Slim Sunset



The back yard of our home in Ansonia Connecticut, USA
About 85 miles (137 km) northeast of midtown Manhattan, New York City

Tina's Pic Story is back, and I am ready. She nicely explains its simple premise as One picture is worth a 1000 words, and we agree. Tina has picked this week's theme as Sunrise/Sunset.

I have a sunset that sits slender in the frame, and is from a few years ago, I think in autumn. What makes the fiery sky look so small here is the very dark and stormy clouds that sit between the setting sun on the bottom and the blue/gray evening sky on top. We are looking toward the west-northwest from our living room window. We see how dark it is outside as the streetlight below is on...we are always intrigued by our views of the sky...

8 comments:

Barb said...

I really like the shot - I'm drawn to that slim promise in the center but the silhouettes are wonderful as is the ground darkness. I could base a whole short story on this. (PS I'm visiting off a comment you made to someone else!)

SquirrelQueen said...

It is the darkness framing the slim strip of light that makes your photo so intriguing. The colors are beautiful.
The Road to Here

Kim, USA said...

Very dramatic!

PicStory

Dianne said...

I love this shot Ralph
it would make a wonderful framed panoramic!

the food below is making me very hungry :)

Christiane said...

A very dramatic scene. I like the contrast between the deep blue sky above and the warm stripe of the last sunlight in the middle.
LG Christiane

Tina´s PicStory said...

wonderful picture. thanks for sharing ralph :)

Nayana said...

beautiful..silhouettes looks amazing.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Ralph, I've never heard of a sunset described as "slim" before, but I guess that adjective does apply to your photo!

Western Sunset