Monday, November 14, 2011

Ruby Tuesday - Meal and a half...

Mary's Ruby Tuesday brings me back all the way to yesterday. A co-worker of mine had her wedding/reception last night. The bride and groom are such an attractive couple and nice too. And we got dressed for the occasion, Patti a dress and a jacket and tie for myself - fun and semi-elegant pair well...

On RT, we looks for reds, and at an Italian eatery in West Haven, my choice was veal Riccardo, with the addition of eggplant, ricotta and mozzarella, all sitting under a ruby red sauce. Patti had the same in chicken. I know what we are having for dinner tonight. That is the first ruby...


The second is the Merlot that the waiter kindly poured for Patti and myself. We celebrated the newly married, while in this digital age we capture rubies too. Multi-tasking can be fun!


14 comments:

maryt/theteach said...

Hi Ralph, dinner looks dee-lish! Thanks for participating in Ruby Tuesday!

Kramer said...

mmm, Pasta and Red wine.. perfect combination!

Annie said...

Hi Ralph. The veal looks delish, though I would say "Hold the eggplant". Happy Tuesday on a Monday. Annie

Carletta said...

Looks delicious and what a generous portion!
Cheers to both happy couples! :)

Liz said...

Yum! That made me hungry.

My entries:
Moms...Check Nyo
Yummy-as-can-be

Maria @ LSS said...

Congrats to the newly weds. The food looks delicious.

Lola said...

What a delicious-looking meal!

Happy RT!

bj said...

First off...I really like the new blog look here...the header reminds me of an uncle that loved flying more than anything. You couldn't talk to him 15 seconds until he wanted to tell you about a new airplane he saw.:) He built himself one and flew it often.

Your Ruby Red dinner and wine looks delightful. So glad you and Patti had a nice time.

Felisol said...

Dining and wining Ruby must be perfect for this day.
Eatery is a new word to me, though I didn't have any problem understanding it's meaning.
Love your Allegra picture too. She's such a good girl, really huggable. Besides she's just a few months younger than my most precious treasure.

I guess we never really understood what valuable time we had when they were kids.

Thanks for being so nice and sympathetic on my posts.
Your words warmed my heart and meant a difference.

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Delish! ~ perfect for Ruby Tuesday ~~ thanks, namaste, CArol (A Creative Harbor)

chubskulit said...

The dish looks hearty. I love eggplant with cheese and sauce!

Seow wei said...

The food you post looks yummy.

Robin said...

Oh yum, that sounds so good! We see a lot of northern Italian food here, but a lot less of the southern Italian I grew up on in New York.

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography on etsy and Society6 and bring home something beautiful today!

Gemma Wiseman said...

A yummy post and the wine looks wonderful! It's always good to dress up for a change!