Sunday, December 11, 2011

Ruby Tuesday - Christmas in East Hartford

























Ruby Tuesday, hosted graciously by Mary, arrives for the week. The only rule a lot, a little red. Given that it is the Christmas/holiday season, my theme is Christmas at home in earlier times on in East Hartford Connecticut.

At left is the sort of thing we do not see these day on siblings - matching nightwear for Christmas Eve pictures. My mother purchased five matching ruby nightgowns and sort of matching ruby sleepwear for the two boys. I am hazy on the year, but believe is 1967. A while ago...

The other picture is from 1976, and I took it with the then revolutionary Polaroid SX-70 instant picture camera - those of a certain age do remember these. I was in college by then, so no matching sleep clothing. Plenty of things to open. though.And lots of ruby wrapping paper and old style (non-LED) lights. Nice memories of families together...Follow the rubies at Mary's fun meme.

15 comments:

Lola said...

Wonderful memories -happy RT!

Venus Layugan said...

i agree! old photos bring back good memories :)

http://point-shoot-vhen.blogspot.com/2011/12/365364-365.html

http://vhen.blogspot.com/2011/12/oatmeal-my-daughters-almost-everyday.html

happy Tuesday!

Helen Campbell said...

What fun pictures! And I remember Polariod's, they were cutting edge. Happy Ruby Tuesday!

Robin said...

What a lovely, happy looking shot :).

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography on etsy and Society6 and bring home something beautiful today!

Kramer said...

Looks like they're, can almost hear caroling....

Karen said...

Great memories Ralph! Being of the era of matching Christmas Eve jammies, I can relate. I get my daughter and granddaughter matching ones every year, just to keep the tradition going.

Patti said...

Nice memory-filled post, Ralphie! Just think what I missed as an only child.

DrillerAA09 said...

The ghosts of Christmas past remind us of simpler times. Very nice post.

Kim, USA said...

Those are precious photos. I love the reds in here.

RT

bj said...

As always, I do love seeing your olden photos.
The first Christmas we were married, (1960)I gave my husband a Polaroid camera for Christmas. :) We took a LOT of pictures with it...most have faded quite a lot.
Have a wonderful Christmas.

nonizamboni said...

Really enjoyed your 'non-LED' photos from Christmas past. The red sleepwear--especially festive. Thanks for the memories!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Matching pj's! My mom did that for we three children one year, but there are no photos, only memories...

SOMETHING RED

Something cherry, something blue,
Something scarlet just for you;
Something blazing as the sun,
Something red when day is done.


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Desert reds here and here

Carol said...

Pleasant Holiday memories for sure!!!

chubskulit said...

Lots of good memories preserved and being reminisced!

Jewaicious said...

How lovely and nostalgic. The past brought into the present.