Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sepia Scenes - Sound Check

Sepia Scenes brings me back to a familiar subject, that is grandfather Ralph I. The guess is that we are around 1955 in downtown Steubenville Ohio, perhaps Market at Fourth Street.

When he went downtown, he dressed for the occasion - we see the coat, tie, jacket and hat. I saw this was a kid, and it shows his stylish side. Note the women who also dressed up for the city...

His business was the lease and maintenance of police and fire department two-day radios, mostly in Steubenville and Jefferson County Ohio, Brooke and Hancock counties in West Virginia.

Undoubtedly, he had something to do with the communications on the truck - maybe this is in a parade? I cannot say for sure, however this picture beautifully captures the man, his profession and his era very well...

1 comment:

bj said...

I always love your 50's photos as I was a teen during those years and can so relate to your pictures.
I well remember when the men dressed as such...and the ladies all wore hats, gloves and high-heeled shoes when going "downtown"....I love this photo.