Monday, December 12, 2011

Tina's Pic Story - In the Kitchen


Tina so thoughtfully hosts the Tuesday fun meme 
Pic Story. In this, we let the pictures do the talking, adding descriptions to enhance our photos. She has chosen the theme for the week as "In the Kitchen"

In 2005, we decided to renovate our kitchen to make it more friendly for me in the wheelchair. 


I like to dabble in cooking, so it would be much easier for me to do so. The counters were lowered and I have a roll-under space for food preparation. 

In the first view, I am inspecting the work. It seemed fine, and I fit under, as designed.



In the other two, I am preparing something in the ceramic slow cooker, stew or perhaps soup. During the construction, we did not have a kitchen to cook in. So when we did, it was time to cook again.


I have nothing against restaurants and microwave meals...however. but home cooking is always a little bit better.


7 comments:

CraveCute said...

You're right, home cooking is best! Your reno looks great! Very fine pics!

Tina´s PicStory said...

thanks for this view in your kitchen :)

Jeanne said...

Nothing beats home cooking! Love those salt & pepper shakers :-)

Kim, USA said...

I agree with you home cooking is the best. And even I am a grown up woman I am longing for my mama's cooking do you?

RT

toby said...

I totally agree with you, home cooking is the best! And slow cookers are a fantastic way to do it!
I wish my countertops were as clean as yours :)

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

Oh yes....you got that right. At least in my opinion too - home cooked meals are always so much better!! There is that dash of love that goes into making a meal at home that you don't get in microwave or a restaurant.

Love your countertops.

Through my Kitchen Window

Hope to see you visit, and, have a glorious Tuesday.

SquirrelQueen said...

Home cooking always tastes better to me too. I'm pretty sure it is healthier for us as well.

That counter top is really nice, I like the color. We're going to redo our counters soon and I'm leaning towards a similar color.