Sunday, August 31, 2014

Whimsical Windows - Labor Day movement mystery

Toby's fun meme Whimsical Windows/Delirious Doors is back the day before Labor Day in the US and Canada (Labour Day?) and windows are peripheral to the scene which is a mystery to me. So I guess that this pic of my day amidst a labor type event in Steubenville in 1938 with my father, aged nine. Dad looks winsome as that man in white looks irritated withe my photographer grandfather (I assume the guy kept walking...). Of course in front of the building's windows and doors is a labor demonstration of a sort with the FDR era NLRB (National Labor Relations Board) signs displayed. Who was Clyde Armstrong and why the demonstration on a hot Summer day? These are myriad mysteries - however I enjoy the look back at this long ago event...

2 comments:

Fun60 said...

Maybe time for an internet investigation into the mystery. Quite an intriguing photo.

toby said...

Oh, your dad is a cutie! Great find, thanks so much for sharing it with us :)