Friday, October 10, 2014

Shadow Shot Sunday - Ohio Valley Collegiate Shadows




For Shadow Shot Sunday 2, I again look at decades past and places with a hint of shadow - and memories. 

I have been looking at many a digitized print that take me to my alma mater Franciscan University in Ohio.I haven't been there in 15 years (and Patti is still amazed that she agreed to take that 1999 drive with me to that mythical place called Steubenville :) 

Recently, I was contacted by a classmate who also graduated with me back then - and this prompted me to peruse tho my photo archives from back in the day. At the top, I receive my diploma; in 1999, the campus here prompting shadowy memories then - and now...

Pics, L-R: I receive my diploma, 8 May 1977; US-22 Gateway to Steubenville. August 1999, Chapel, 1999; Student Center, 1999; Patti with bookstore bruin, 1999

10 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

These are some great pictures from back then. So nice to reminisce. We been inside FU campus.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Love the shadowy memory walk, Ralph. Thank you!

Chubby Chieque said...

Hello Bro!

It's been a long time, I never visit you guys and soooo long months of silence.

I was in a travelling mood, the a bit sick and work that toke all my time and energy.

Hope you all had a great summer and hope to join you all the way long to winter then summer again.

GB,
/CC

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

I love going down memory lane with you!

Beverley Baird said...

A great look back. Love the photos!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Such wonderful, precious memories. Vital stages in your life journey.

BLOGitse said...

'Those were the days...' It's good to have photos as memories...bad ones we've burnt ages ago, right! :)
Have a good week ahead!

my blog is here - > BLOGitse

Ruth Kelly said...

That cross is lovely in the center of all that greenery.

colleen said...

Those were the days!

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Dear Ralph
Can you believe how many years past this is? I married my military guy in 1977, April 9th .... and there you are graduating ? .. time speeds up as we get older I am sure there is an equation for that by Einstein right?LOL
Great shadows of years gone by ;-)
Joy