Sunday, November 24, 2013

Whimsical Windows - Old Industrial

Backside of the Ansonia (CT) Opera House
Toby's fun meme Whimsical Windows/Delirious Doors returns as do I after working on side jobs that occupied a lot of time (and not paying for the fixed price $ I hoped for :). So it is great to be back! I noticed the subject for today's photo on Tuesdd congratulationay, and all I had was my cheap Droid phone, so it had to do...

We are on West Main Street in our old industrial town of Ansonia CT. This subject is the rear of the 1870 Ansonia Opera House and it seems a bit decrepit - although I used the front of this subject in a WWDD post in April where there is retail on the street side. I wouldn't call it patina, but the old building with modern graffiti seems the norm in old towns like ours. Still, the style, details and hulking presence are still impressive...

And congratulations on twenty years! We are at 26, and it has been the best thing ever :)

1 comment:

toby said...

Thanks for the congratulations! I *love* the railing you've found here, following the sloped roof line - do people actually go out there? That's awfully quirky, even whimsical :)
Nice to have you back!