Saturday, March 1, 2014

Shadow Shot Sunday - Express shadows

Queens side of Bronx-Whitestone Bridge crossing the East River. Photo by Patti
I-495 Long Island Expressway westbound, Rego Park, Borough of Queens, NYC. Also by Patti
Shadow Shot Sunday 2 is back, and we seek shadowy sharpness on all out travels, and capture same. Today I revert to out son's moving day to Brooklyn in December, and even more shadows captured by Patti. The first is from the Queens side of the Bronx-Whitestone Bridge. The scene looks hardly city-like as the East River looks more peaceful. The second is along the I-495 Long Island Expressway (world's longest parking lot/car park it is said) in Rego Park, happily without the weekday hordes of commuters...an urban jungle of steel and asphalt - and well-defined shadows. A day of contrasts as the change went from snowy and murky to sunny and shadowy...

7 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

Enchanting tones of silvered blue in that first photo. And i'm so glad that I'm not negotiating that parking lot. It sounds quite fearsome.

Lola said...

Terrible parking lot - superb photos!

BLOGitse said...

It's cloudy here like in your photo.
Do you still have snow?
In Helsinki all gone and here in Málaga you can sense spring...some flowers are blooming already.
Have a good week ahead!
BLOGitse


Ruth Kelly said...

Yes, I agree with Gemma, lovely colors of silver blue in the first photo. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

Oooo! Loving those shadows on the I beam and the colors! Very, very nice!

Chubby Chieque said...

Hi Ralph,

Sorry for not coming in time.

As you know, I am still struggling to get my right due at work.

It seems the bank wanted to rid out the senior staffs and take the young ones in. Then outsource to the Baltic. But, as an immigrant it is hard.

If they give me an early retirement or redundant, I may guess, I take it. I am tired to work anyway.

I agree with the Paula. The beam and the colors is a good combo.

Take care you both and have a nice mid-week.

Hugs from D´Box.
/CC girl

edenhills said...

I like the perspective of the second shot looking up to the traffic.