Saturday, March 22, 2014

Shadow Shot Sunday - Raising the flag

A beautiful day to celebrate the Irish...
...in our small domicile of Ansonia...
...with music, proclamation and dance. Photos by Patti

Shadow Shot Sunday 2 is back - as am I.

Last weekend was busy in a good way: Saturday morning was raising the Irish flag in front of Ansonia city hall; a corn beef sandwich (with swiss and kraut) after that at the excellent Antonio's Original restaurant in Ansonia; After that, a combined birthday with plenty of people for 7 and 3 year old relatives about an hour away. Then it was Sunday and the biggest St. Patrick's Day event in town.

Posts, alas, waited until this weekend. And those shadows are from the flag raising (and story written by Patti) of the Irish and US flags being raised in front of City Hall, with strong Spring shadows. The wind was blowing toward us (I thought the Irish proverb said the wind would be at our backs :) In the sea of green amongst the crowd, we all bade a happy St Patrick's Day...

8 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

Wow. What an event. I don't think I saw one Irish flag flying here in Australia, but I saw many dressed in green on St Pat's day.

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

That's pretty cool that they raise the Irish flag!

Catherine said...

nice to see such clear sharp light accompanying the flags

nature ramblings said...

Very nice! Irish flag raising, great!

Norma Ruttan said...

no Irish flags in my fair city, but there was a St. Patrick's Day parade. The time for it was in the midst of the retreat my daughter-in-law and I attended. So all we saw was the tail end of it.

Karen said...

Both flags shine in the sunlight!

Chubby Chieque said...

You are indeed, right Bro!

Is doesn't matter what festivities are, matter is we enjoy joining with them. However, there are lots around me that are so nationalistic. I can't ever run from our department. They are, unfortunately those who don't appreciate immigrants.

I just loving to celebrate every festivities I know, LoL*

I salute you to post this flag raising.

Happy week ahead with Mrs. P.

Hugs from D´Box.

edenhills said...

Sounds like a great celebration. Great shadow shots!