Saturday, February 7, 2015

Shadow Shot Sunday - Historical Warmth

Pumpkins stuffed with apples
Butternut squash pie
Fireplace turkey cooker
Cast iron cookery
Winter is not a favorite season for me - drafty house, two weekends of snow with more snow to arrive on Monday, and 30°F (-1°C) today is a warm day. Thus, I look for warmth in any venue. So for Shadow Shot Sunday 2, I look for warm shadows in the central fireplaces at the 1698 David Humphreys House in Ansonia. Warm embers and squash pie add the psychological warmth to me at least...

I have been nominated to serve on the Board of the Derby Historical Society, caretakers of the Humphreys House. So, I combed through our pics to create a slideshow of activities there...

10 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

These lovely warm scenes are enchanting. And the connection with history adds more appeal. Congrats on your appointment. Sounds like an interesting role.

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

Great shots! I didn't know you could 'bake' a pie in a Dutch oven. I guess that's why they're called ovens!
Duh......

I may have to try this technique out someday.

Chubskulit Rose said...

I haven't seen any Dutch oven, must be nice to bake or cook in it.

Angie said...

Loved your slide show (& the big band sound!! Benny Goodman?). Congratulations, it looks a great place.

EG CameraGirl said...

Just looking at that fire makes me feel a tad warmer, Ralph! ;)

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I do like the warmth of these scenes, and I'm always ready for a piece of pumpkin pie!

Cemetery Shadows

fredamans said...

The pumpkins with apples made my mouth water!

Kathe W. said...

I can smell these tasty delights from here!

edenhills said...

What a delightful post! It certainly looks like a wonderful warm place to be.

adidas nmd said...

yeezy boost 350 v2
pandora charms sale
yeezy boost
michael kors outlet
polo lacoste
nike air max thea
hermes belts
adidas tubular shadow
michael kors handbags
lacoste outlet