Saturday, February 28, 2015

Shadow Shot Sunday - Snowless Spring in 1948

Grandpa, Easter Sunday 1948. No snow!
Aunt Terry, Easter Sunday 1948, in the Spring
Shadow Shot Sunday 2 is back, and the snow sits in our yard at about the same height it did one month ago, unmelted on one of the coldest February in Connecticut. So, I looked for pics of a cold day without snow - thus I revert back to what I believe to be Easter, 28 March 1948. There are no leaves in Steubenville Ohio and no snow. I'd long for no snow on the ground and the end - of this season...

12 comments:

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

Wouldn't it be strange though, to not have snow at this time of year i your neck of the woods? Well, I know it's no consolation, but we got hit too!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Your aunt's outfit for riding a bike is an interesting one. I think I am slowly becoming grateful that I don't live in snowy worlds and can just view their beauty from afar.

Norma Ruttan said...

Even though there was no snow in 1948, I still appreciate vintage photos. They are good sources of stories from the past. I was 8 years old then; I don't remember whether we had snow then.

Kathe W. said...

we could use some snow please!

colleen said...

I do miss the good old days, snow or not.

EG CameraGirl said...

To me it wouldn't be February or even March without snow. I like how it covers the brown, actually. ;)

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Aunt Terry was a cutie, wasn't she?

Shadowy Ditch

Chubby Chieque said...

Awesome nostalgia.

Your aunt is absolute a fashionista.

Happy SSS.
/C

fredamans said...

Lovely memories! Great photos for that age too! I love your aunts' smile!

Beverley Baird said...

Lovely photos make for lovely memories! Wish our snow was but a memory.

edenhills said...

I've haven't had near the winter you have out East, and I'm ready for spring. Hope your weather takes a turn for the better!

adidas nmd said...

yeezy boost 350
adidas online shop
fitflops clearance
nike air huarache
air jordan
longchamp sale
michael kors purses
yeezy boost 350
reebok outlet
timberland shoes