Monday, December 10, 2012

Ruby Tuesday - Sail on, sailor...


Ruby Tuesday 2 returns and I again look to the past for ruby, a lot or not. I'll go with the minimal red returns us the year 1983. These are sisters Christina and Julie and often the case with siblings close in age for special occasions, moms chose matching outfits. 

That occasion was the baptism of their new baby brother Bobby in which many relatives would celebrate...and every attendee did so! Hints of ruby are in their 'uniforms'...cute is a cute does!

(Yes, for those of a certain age, that is a Ford Pinto, clad not in ruby but in that not so attractive brown that cars of the 1970s wore. You had to be there to appreciate what passed for style in the day...



9 comments:

Jane said...

Nice vintage shot:)

☆•.¸.Mildred.¸.•☆ said...

Lovely and cute!
Thanks for sharing Ralph.

***
Have a nice week****

Gemma Wiseman said...

Those little sailor style outfits look adorable on the little ones! And what cheeky smiles!

Patti said...

cute little sailor-ettes ;-)

bj said...

Cutest little sailorgirls I've ever seen...:)

And, I am afraid that I am "of the certain age" to remember all the brown cars.....:)

Liz said...

So cute! My sister and I grew up wearing matching clothes too.

My entries:
Liz (mcn)
Liz (mot)

Lola said...

Wonderful vintage capture!

Happy RT2!

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Awwwwww, I love this Ralph. The sweet smiles, the sailor outfits....nostalgic and a wonderful memory that you shared.

Chubskulit Rose said...

How cute they are! Love the sailor outfit! Visiting late from Ruby Tuesday.

RUBY post