Saturday, December 22, 2012

SOOC - Tinsel (and then some)


SOOC - Straight out of the Camera - takes me back to the days of yore and that steelmaking city of Steubenville. Grandpa liked big Christmas trees full of tinsel - this example that sits in the middle of the living room certainly describes the big tinsel-y tree quite well...Given the picture of Aunt Terry on the modern for the day television, I'll guess this was taken around 1957 or so. I believe this view is straight out from his German Exa SLR camera - a proud tree decorator he! A merry and happy Christmas to all!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh that looks like my tree!!! I had to search all over town for tinsel this year...I pray they don't stop making it...I love to cover my tree from top to bottom with it...it looks so glittery and beautiful when the tree is lit up.

Norma Ruttan said...

oh, you know what? I had forgotten about tinsel because it's been so long since I've seen it on store shelves! love your photo, I think you're right about the dating of it.
Merry Christmas to you!

Gemma Wiseman said...

That is a huge, tinsel-covered tree! Stunning! Clearly it must have been a wealth of glitter!

edenhills said...

That tree is huge! Love this old photo.