Friday, April 5, 2013

Shadow Shot Sunday - New Phone in and out


Shadow Shot Sunday 2 is back, and I got a new camera and am trying out the mega 2MP. Not a lot of MP, but with my limitations (wheelchair, etc), sometimes the easier way is preferred...to cut costs, I switched carriers from the too pricy AT&T to the half price Straight Talk. However, the iPhone5 I would prefer, is over $500 with their service. So I went to an $80 Android which works fine for the talk and text. 

As a camera? It seems okay. The photo on the left was on a bright morning - I like the tinted window reflection next door. The next was taken in a car park/parking lot with the ramp deployed, and plenty of shadow. I conclude that the phone/cam works fine with adequate lighting...a expense reduction of $50 per month in my favor makes me warm up nicely to any compromise in picture quality. See more of the shadowy world at SSS2!

15 comments:

Vane M. said...

É linda a sombra que reflete no retrovisor...belo clique. Um abraço!

Sylvia K said...

Hooray for the new camera!! Great shadow shots for the day as always! And it's always fun to have a new "toy", particularly if you got a good deal which you seem to have done! Hope you're getting some warmer weather! Enjoy your weekend, Ralph!

robin. said...

the shadows shots are still great...the 50 bucks extra in your pocket every month is the icing on the cake.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I think your new camera/phone is just fine. The mirror shot is stunning!

Shadowy Lion

Catherine said...

great composition with all those shades of grey...

Kathe W. said...

great shadows as always Ralph!
Have a great time with your new phone/camera!

Chubby Chieque said...

Cool shots as expected, Bro!

Congrats with the new phone. Isn't it funtastic having a new technique fone? U will feel a teen again §:-)

Happy w/end to both.

Hugs from Lissabon,
/Chie

MyMaracas said...

Congrats on the new camera phone! It seems to take very good photos, and saving money is always fun.

Paula Scott said...

Thumbs up for the new phone! It does just fine, thank you very much! Although I do have an Android, I am of the mindset that it doesn't matter what kind of camera you have-it's knowing how to use it to your advantage that counts.

Gemma Wiseman said...

I agree with Paula! it's how you make a camera sing that really counts! It's all in the eye! Love the rear mirror reflection detail of the tree's boughs and some sharp shadows in the parking lot!

blogitse said...

Looks like your new phone takes great shots!
But I wonder why you haven’t sewn any summer dresses??? :)
Just got ready to sew bermudas/shorts...
Have a good week ahead!
ps. no spring here yet even if it's April...

colleen said...

Did you take the shots with a phone camera? It's great to always have a camera in your pocket. I take a lot of shots with rolled down windows from my car.

acreativeharbor.com said...

Neat shadow shot with your new android phone ~ ^_^

Beverley Baird said...

Love the reflections in the mirror! Great shots - looks like your new camera is a keeper (as is some of your money! lol)

Chubskulit Rose said...

I'd go for the Android myself hehehe. It takes beautiful pictures actually!