Sunday, April 21, 2013

Whimsical Windows - Both Sides Now


Toby hosts the fun architectural meme Whimsical Windows/Delirious Doors where we look for interesting portals and other cool things. For me, today was yesterday. I was chauffeuring the always lovely Patti to meet with our blog friend in the tony Connecticut River town of Essex. We were to have lunch and even before I saw the menu, I chose for my aperitif the stained glass hanging in the tall main window at Oliver’s Taverne. On the non-descript exterior, the colors of the glass did not stand out – however, I thought that the bright gray clouds might make a brilliant backdrop inside.

And I was not disappointed. The colors jumped at me, and made for meme magic. All in all, the conversation was great, the food fine and the colorful window a tasty desert for the post. A meal that was made of more than food – conversation and color were the rewards!

5 comments:

Lesley said...

A window for dessert - what a treat!
The panels are very pretty and summery looking.

toby said...

You were right, and I'm so glad that you thought to take a closer look, despite their not standing out from the other side. What a treat for us all - these are just beautiful! Now I'm enjoying your windows for breakfast :)

photodoug said...

Eclectic.

Annie said...

What an inviting place. Those windows would definitely draw me in for a closer look. Dessert, indeed.

Gerald (SK14) said...

modern stained glass is always good to see