Sunday, April 7, 2013

Whimsical Windows - Reflective portals

Toby hosts the fun architectural meme Whimsical Windows/Delirious  Doors, full of portals and windows. Today I am at the Derby Historical Society museum and home of General David Humphreys, aide de camp to General Washington. This homestead is one mile or so from home in Ansonia. Here is the tea service setup in Lady Humphreys parlour with a cool multi-pane reflection that is as wavy as the old window glass. This was a luxurious home in the 17th century. How times have changed!

4 comments:

Linnea said...

It looks very inviting. Love that shadow!

Lesley said...

Usually, I like to face the window when I am out for tea (or coffee), but this time I might make an exception and face the wavy reflection.

toby said...

Oh, I love both the window and it's wavy reflections! You're right that times have changed, but I can see how this might have been pretty luxurious!
Thanks for your kind words on my blog :) Here's hoping for freedom and liberty worldwide!

Robert Geiss said...

This surely looks like honest luxury to me.

A great image which makes one wonder what one really needs. Please have a good Tuesday.