Saturday, January 25, 2014

Shadow Shot Sunday - Seasonal Antidote

Sisters have fun in the sand by the in Brigantine, NJ July 1969
Shadow Shot Sunday 2 returns amidst a cold winter in Southern New England - I know that there are way colder places to be, although I am tiring of the cold. Using a wheelchair for ambulation means that I cannot move around much to keep warm...however, a bit of applied psychology might change things a bit. Such as looking at a warm day on the New Jersey isle of Brigantine. A strong sun makes for shadows, salt water and sand make for a fun playground for the kids. I don't necessarily feel warmer now, although I think I do...

11 comments:

Lola said...

Trust the weather improves for you soon!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I think it's wonderful that you can head to the archives for some warmer weather! ;)

Tan Renga Shadows

Sylvia K said...

What a fun shadow shot for the day, Ralph!! We're not as cold here in Portland as you are, but it's gray and cold enough to be shivering any time you step out the door!! Hope you get some warmer temps soon!!

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

So, you'll be staring at Gemma's ost all day then!

Love that old photo-such innocence and happiness. The weather back east has been horrible for you guys. I hope spring comes soon. It must be not too far away as the birds here are getting ready to head back home.

robin. said...

mind over matter perhaps Ralph...nothing wrong with that. children's play...she looks happy to be in the sun and sand!!

Gemma Wiseman said...

An adorable beach moment. The two girls are so absorbed in their sand play.

BLOGitse said...

In those days summers were long and warm :)
I just heard that eighties is (or was) the most popular decade among Finnish people...
BLOGitse

Chubby Chieque said...

We don't have much snow, Bro! but it is always windy from Russian side, so Scandinavia is freezing.

I agree with the ladies that archive make us happy to join the party and I love those sweet memories.

Keep warm YAll and take care.

Hugs from D´Box,
/Chie

colleen said...

Classic and timeless beach shot. Love the unposed poses.

Gillena Cox said...

shadows of fun

much love...

edenhills said...

If only that really could warm us up. I am ready for spring to be here.