Saturday, September 27, 2014

Shadow Shot Sunday - Seasonaly adjusted


It is now Autumn up north of the Equator, and for Shadow Shot Sunday 2, I am looking for seasonal shot subjects from any era. And I have two that should work. It is the Autumn of 1968, and my grandfather (left, aka: The Sage of Steubenville) and grandmother were visiting the family as we trekked to the old Cider Mill in Glastonbury CT. As I remember it, the press was in an old barn and it bottled the cloudy and unpasteurized* cider. With a southerly sun, shadows fall upon the visitors and harvested fruit alike. SSS2 just adds to the seasonal charm...

* - I may sound like an old-timer when I say all seven of us children drank unpasteurized apple cider with no ill effects. Although when becoming a parent a couple of decades later, we changed our tune somewhat. So from milk, to cider to beer, pasteurized just seems safer - maybe I am an old-timer :)

6 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

There's no cider that can compare with the unpasteurized variety! Thanks for these lovely shadow shots from the past, Ralph.

Desert Shadows

Norma Ruttan said...

gosh, I have no idea if the cider I drank from a neighbor's batch was pasteurized or not. since I had no problems, I don't really care. your grandpa looks like a cheerful person to share trips. and your grandmother is a really attractive lady.

Jim said...

cool contrast

Gemma Wiseman said...

Your granddad looks so happy in his cider world. Those open barrows are so filled with harvest.

robin. said...

lovely shadow memories from the past. family outings were so natural then and seems so hard to get to today.

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

Fall....harvest time....changing of the colors...oh, the light is so nice this time of year too. Easy pickings, as they say.