Friday, September 18, 2015

Shadow Shot Sunday - Stephen's 40th Back in Time...

 
Shadow Shot Sunday 2 is back, and my subject is the 40th birthday party for my nephew Stephen. theme was the the 1980s. You'd never guess his age, being as youthful as anyone I know - and a great guy! And even more a brave soul, as he loves the NHL Montreal Canadiens while living in Boston where the local Bruins fans hate Les Habitants more than any other hockey team (he also loves the NY Yankees, a real faux pas in the heart of Red Sox Nation)...Anyway, the 1980s styles, music and  ambience at the restaurant were perfect for this decade I remember: The generally reserved me wore a Pac Man Ghost shirt, there was also Def Leppard, Cabbage Patch dolls, Run DMC, a Back to the Future/Pac Man/Rubik's Cube cake and the 1980s Weird Al. As yes, I remember it all :)

8 comments:

Steve Nelson said...

It was great seeing you guys there! Blast from the past... back to when you taught me how to shoot a wrist shot in the driveway of the old Wickham home.

abrianna said...

Looks like a fun time. I was glad you explained the theme as I thought it odd that an adult man would have Cabbage Patch dolls at his party!

colleen said...

I love a good light show!

Gemma Wiseman said...

What a colourful, fun celebration. Always good to dress up once in a while. Great for the spirit.

Jim said...

Looks fun

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Lots and lots of color in these shots--for all the colorful characters at the party, I presume!

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

What fun! It must be a jolt though to realize that your nephew is 40-mine just about is and it doesn't seem possible that we've all aged!

adidas nmd said...

reebok shoes
nike dunks
jordan shoes
nike air force 1
air force 1
ultra boost
timberland outlet
fitflops sale clearance
yeezy boost 350
huarache shoes