Friday, October 9, 2015

Shadow Shot Sunday - Pasta Rustico

In the last post on this blog, I opined about the seeming debacle of the same day cancellation of the 2015 Ansonia Harvest Festival. As chair of the Ansonia Cultural Commission, this was my first event planned exclusively by myself...and with the rain, wing and flying vendor tents, the Mayor Cassetti made the call that it was to be cancelled - now! He is a real leader for sure, and we are refunding all vendors for the lack of a true cancellation or postponement policy.

What does all of the preceding have to do with Shadow Shot Sunday 2? Well, Patti, Allegra and myself decided that a meal of comfort food at the Original Antonios in downtown Ansonia would be a help. And a it was, the Pasta Rustico (cavatelli, sausage, roasted garlic, broccoli rabe, white beans and olive oil) along with a side order of shadows on the floor behind. The day was son forgotten...for 24 hours at least :)

My FB ruminations are here...

8 comments:

abrianna said...

Glad you were able to get a meal out of the cancellation.

Jeannie Marie said...

A shadow of a wine glass on your plate is a nice consolation too. So sorry all your efforts did not come to fruition.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Now you are making me hungry!

Norma Ruttan said...

my mouth is watering... sorry for the disappointment at being cancelled.

EG CameraGirl said...

The pasta sounds delicious! Sorry about the cancellation, though.

colleen said...

I love looking at good food as much as I love looking at flowers. I wish I had it in front of me now.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

When life turns sour, there's nothing like sweetening it with a little comfort food!

adidas nmd said...

chrome hearts online
retro jordans
pandora bracelet
pandora jewelry
adidas stan smith
roshe shoes
adidas tubular
nike air force
michael kors outlet