Monday, October 26, 2015

Ruby Tuesday Too - Red Door

Anything historic often has a tradition. Why some traditions exist I cannot say, but some offer intrigue, beautiful architecture and perhaps a hint of ruby red. So for this week's edition of Ruby Tuesday Too, I am looking at Christ Episcopal Church in Ansonia, a lovely house of worship with the Episcopal red doors. It seems that there is a tradition of red doors, and a lot has been written about it...so I refer to this source with an interesting description. Nevertheless, it is a beautiful building opened in 1905 and the red doors are a nice feature...

3 comments:

DrillerAA09 said...

A lovely piece of architecture indeed and I guessed that the red doors had something to do with the blood of Christ. Nice image.

Gemma Wiseman said...

The red door may be small, but it has a cameo role in the presentation of this beautiful building.

genie said...

I am an Episcopalian, and I always look for the red doors. Once or twice I have seen a church without the red doors, but they are usually red. The church is so pretty.