Monday, March 5, 2012

Ruby Tuesday 2 - Eggsactly

Ruby Tuesday 2 arrives this week, with a tantalizing, terrific and tasty
ruby. 


We like eggs in this house. Patti and Allegra prefer theirs fried. I do not...

Instead, I prefer to make scrambles with potatoes, tomatoes, cheese and so on. (Patti notes that I add all the rest to mask the egg flavor...she knows me pretty well :)

That said, we all agree that we cook the brand that is stamped with the famous (in the US) EB, is the best basis for cooked eggs. Of course, the initials 'EB' stand for Eggland’s Best - the Pennsylvania company eggs that taste better. The company touts, and hey, we agree!

On Saturday, we used five of these to make a dinner frittata. Naturally, the red plate and macro red egg stamp were perfect rubies for today!

13 comments:

Lola said...

My! Just had lunch but feel hungry again reading your great post! I wonder why?!

Lovely rubies.

Happy RT2.

Patti said...

The fritatta (sp?) was delicious!

Carletta said...

I loved fried eggs but you add a little sausage or bacon to your scambled pan of eggs and potatoes and I'd be most happy as well!
The red plate was the perfect choice for showing off the EG trademark!

Felisol said...

Hey. I just sat down to write some RT comments. Now I've got to leave and make some friatta. My mouth and my stomach won't leave me in peace.
Thanks Carletta too for good additional ideas. I'll make us a big dish, all inclusive. See you!!

EG Wow said...

I like eggs too. YUM. I know nothing about the Company EB but I do think here farm fresh eggs are the best.

bj said...

NOW.....that's what I'm talkin' about, Ralph....GREAT tasting Ruby for us today.
Like you, I want mine scrambled with hot sauce, lots of cheese and green onion tops. Then, I want a piece of toast or a biscuit with jelly, a side of bacon, maybe a little hash browns thrown in..and a bottomless cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee.
MERCY....I'M HUNGRY.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I've never seen an egg stamped with a logo before, so your photo is a treat!

Mariachis with Red Accents

chubskulit said...

I love scrambled egg with cheese...

Gemma Wiseman said...

Now that's a different view of a meal! The waiting egg and plate! Very clever!

Dianne said...

I make scrambled eggs the same way you do Ralph
I don't have pretty red plates though

Emille said...

Interesting -I've never seen the EB mark on an egg! Hope the egg frittata was yummy!

Liz said...

We love eggs too. Sunny side up is my fave.

My RT2

Mel Cole said...

looks like its one of those organic eggs? i just noticed they stamp eggs that are organic here in PA. visiting from ruby tuesday 2.