Monday, May 20, 2013

Ruby Tuesday - Russian Ruby

Classic appearing sidecar attached to Russian Ural motorcycle
Just as classic viewed from the front. My wheelchair Dodge sits in background
Ruby Tuesday 2 returns as I use a red Russian road runner as the subject. When I was getting service on my van the other day, I noticed a motorcycle at the shop, not so unusual - the sidecar is. I rolled over for a look. It looks like a BMW...however, it is an old Soviet era knockoff, a Ural motorcycle, still manufactured in Russia. I hadn't heard of them either (although the Cyrillic writing on the speedometer could be a clue :). The cold war has long ago ended, so this retro red Russian ride is a cool subject that transcends history...

5 comments:

acreativeharbor.com said...

Neat shot for RT ~ amazing huh? Enjoy ^_^

Gemma Wiseman said...

So long since I have ever seen a side car of any kind! This one is extraordinary! I notice the shape blends in with the bike style rather than looking like an "add on"!

DrillerAA09 said...

I think I would rather ride in the side car the be the commander of the bike! I've never ridden in one, but it looks like way too much fun. Have a blessed Ruby Tuesday.

HOOTIN ANNI said...

...kinda like the one used in the movie starring Steve McQueen. The Great Escape.

Karen said...

Wouldn't it be fun to ride one of these!