Saturday, May 18, 2013

Shadow Shot Sunday - Cycle, sidecar and shadows

Soviet era Ural sidecar
Shadows of classic motoring
2013 Dodge - love to upgrade. However...
The intrepid shadow hunter
Shadow Shot Sunday 2 is back, and as often happens, vehicular shadows emerge...as the old song says, I've gotta be me (as Patti knows well :)

Yesterday, I was at my wheelchair van dealer for work on my ramp. While there, naturally, I took pictures of vehicles outside. This caught my eye: a motorcycle and sidecar owned by one of the company techs. The bike is a Soviet era, Russian made Ural motorcycle (currently being built by capitalists instead). I never heard of the brand let alone seen one until now. Of course, intricate shadows of spokes mirrors and a handlebar in shadow - the sun and chrome pair nicely...

The other is a bright red 2013 wheelchair driver van I'd like to have (too many $$$ needed), yet my 2008 Dodge will continue to do just fine...the last look is at  on a converted paratransit Ford van, the author, or at least his boat shoes show up. Shadows and reflections (and wheeled devices) this work well here at SSS2

13 comments:

Jim said...

Top shots.

robin. said...

i rode in a sidecar for the first time last year. it was exciting!! nice shots Ralph!! Happy Weekend!!!

Paula Scott said...

Although I am not fond of riding motorized bikes, that one is way cool! Not to mention the history of it and where it came from. Excellent!

Patti said...

Yesterday was a perfect day for you to find shadows!

I'd be scared to ride in the sidecar, even with a seat belt.

colleen said...

Good eye and self portrait!

Norma Ruttan said...

oh, my favorite vehicle color (red) and my recently acquired 2nd fave (silver)! I think that I'd enjoy riding in the sidecar.

Sophie A. said...

Lots of details in the shadow.
Nice capture.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Striking shadows in those first two photos! A great pairing of motor power! Great photos!

blogitse said...

'Ural motorcycle' sounds so funny for me :) I can't imagine Russia to produce popular machines, any kind but obviously they do! :)
Happy Sunday from cloudy and windy Málaga!

Kathe W. said...

that side car is really cool! Enjoy your day!

MyMaracas said...

Oh wow, a sidecar! And what a great story - and cool shadows too.

Catherine said...

great close-ps and loving that sidecar...

edenhills said...

Great shadows! That is a very interesting motorcycle.