Saturday, August 10, 2013

Shadow Shot Sunday - Learner's Permit



Shadow Shot Sunday 2 and reminiscing - these pair up well.

Today, son Cameron is taking the test for his driving lesson at at the DMV in Bridgeport (these days, the driver's license seems to occur at a later age than for me who just couldn't wait for mine at age 16 a few decades ago :).

Yet here, he looks as if he were ready to drive as he handles a set of keys at age 8...actually, on my keychain is a magnet that operated the magnetic door opener and wheelchair lift switches that were hidden behind the taillight lens. 

He looks rather self-assured and confident standing amid the shadows back then. Good luck Cam with those humorless  DMV road testing personnel in mom's Hyundai...

Edit: Patti called at 10:46 EST (GMT-4:00) indicated that he passed :) Although the humorless DMV tester said that Patti needs new tires on the Hyundai :(

12 comments:

Jim said...

Good one.

sylvia kirkwood said...

Terrific shadow shot for the day, Ralph! Handsome young man your son is!! And a humorless tester indeed!!! Have a great weekend!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Even though the government guy was gracious, I failed my first driving test years ago. May Cameron fare better than I!

Sophie A. said...

Good luck to his driving test! :)

Have a great weekend.

MyMaracas said...

Hey, congrats on him passing his test! That's a great photo, one I imagine you cherish.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Those driving testers have to have a catch even when your son passes. But the important thing is he can drive now. Good one. Love the bemused expression on young Cam's face in this photo. It's a good one.

colleen said...

Yes, a foretelling, standing ready on a shadow!

blogitse said...

Eight years driving and babies playing with iphones :)
Happy Sunday Ralph!

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Dear Ralph
Hello there !!
I laughed so much about humorless DMV person pointing out Patti's tires .. that was too funny.
The worst office my son had to deal with when he moved to S.Carolina ?
was the DMV! .. of all the immigration hassle he had coming from Canada the local DMV was the worst.
Cameron looks so ready to take on anything at that age so by now the world must be small potatoes for him? LOL
Thank you for your sweet comment with Emma .. she was totally hypnotized by the hosta flowers;-)
Joy

robin. said...

i was on the "two" road tests with my first born. i refused to go with my daughter and i am going to opt out of my last ones as well. they should not make the parents drive with on the tests. WAY to hard to stop being a backseat parent. great shot of Cam.

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

Our son could not wait either. I did not get mine until I was nearly 21 years old! Congrats to Cam!
Late in making the rounds this weekend-was at Picurus Pueblo yesterday for their Feast day and heart-stopping pole climbing and dances. I wish I could’ve taken pictures, but none were allowed of course.

Patti said...

I love this photo! That was such a sweet age for Cameron.

;-)