Sunday, April 27, 2014

Ruby Tuesday Too - The harvest yet to be...

The color red predominates the fun and colorful meme Ruby Tuesday Too. I am a bit ahead of myself here, these are from our tomato harvest in 2012 - but it is a sign of things to arrive in August. My old friend Mike and I spoke on the phone the other day, and he is to arrive not later that 23 May to assist us in planting tomato seedlings for 2014 - it has been a cool Spring and we hope planting in late May will avoid any killing frosts. We plant tomatoes, peppers and herbs in large storage containers that make it easier for me to harvest the sweet Romas and such from the wheelchair for that fabulous summer salad of tomatoes, mozzarella and basil. Which I dream about all year :)

5 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

Vibrant red in these tempting tomatoes. Gorgeous. Here's hoping you have a great harvest this year.

Lina Gustina said...

Lovely fresh tomatoes.

www.womenandperspectives.com/2014/04/especially-for-women.html

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

With your growing techniques, I'm sure you'll have an abundant harvest!

Red Cemetery Flowers

Ruth Kelly said...

I was going to say, where do you live? I haven't even planted my tomato plants yet and a good thing too because last night we had a freeze.

edenhills said...

Now you have me dreaming of a summer garden!