Friday, July 24, 2015

Shadow Shot Sunday - City Hall Concert

Lead singer Bryan Kearney prepares
Soulful Felicia wows...
Who doesn't love shadows and live music downtown? Certainly not I, especially on a beautiful Summer evening in the park by Ansonia (CT) City Hall! In the 2015 Summer Concert Series hosted by the Ansonia Cultural Commission (I being the chair), this week's music was provided by The Bernadettes, a premier club band in the state.

Thus, for Shadow Shot Sunday 2, the shadows and music combine for a stylish post of sun and sound. Covering an eclectic mix of the '60s (classic Motown and soul), the '70s (Earth Wind & Fire, Disco era), I know their songs from a formative age and love them still - as does the band's large following. A very fun event...

I captured a few video's from wheelchair height - the cinematography leaves a lot to be desired...but not the sound!

September, Earth Wind & Fire, 1978

Signed Sealed and Delivered (I'm Yours), Stevie Wonder, 1970 (and to almost give away my age, I had the '45 single in 9th grade :)

10 comments:

Norma Ruttan said...

What an enjoyable place to find shadows! This band has a great sound- plus I enjoy this decade's music.

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

Wow-they are good!!! And even though I don't live there, I know what it's like to volunteer for such a committee and I commend you for bringing this to your home town! Bravo, Ralph!

robin. said...

music and shadows...perfect combo!!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Enjoying music outdoors in the summer is such a delight. These guys sound so good.

Jeannie Marie said...

There is nothing like listening to live music, especially playing hits from the 60's, my teenage era!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Summer is certainly shadows and soulful music!

Clairejustine oxox said...

I love summer and live music, great place to find shadows too :)

EG CameraGirl said...

Live music in the great outdoors! Wonderful!

Kathe W. said...

thanks for the music! Great images and tunes!

adidas nmd said...

nike air zoom
http://www.kobebasketballshoes.us.com
nike mercurial
adidas tubular
timberland boots
adidas nmd
adidas superstar
adidas ultra
michael kors uk
michael kors factory outlet