Friday, July 31, 2015

Shadow Shot Sunday - Shadowy Land Barge


Those who peruse the meme Shadow Shot Sunday 2  probably know that I like airplanes...and cars too. And the older the better! At the recent Shelton Historical Society open house and car show, I found my favorite chrome laden land barge, a 1954 Cadillac Coupe de Ville. Perfect to me, this yellow hulking had the styling artistry that eludes the modern auto. On a hot and sunny days, this curvaceous Cadillac yacht also meant shadows underneath, just perfect for wheelchair captures. And if one looks carefully, the photographer is captured within a sea of chrome (I'm almost out of nautical clich├ęs :)

I love this yellow boat - in subject and shadow too!

8 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Classic beauty! I can tell how much pride is on this car.

Right Link Tasty Shadow

Kathe W. said...

love older cars- they are individuals and classy too!

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

oh, what a sweet vehicle! We used to call our old Land Cruiser a land barge!

EG CameraGirl said...

The colour is a lovely shade of yellow and, of course, I love the shadows. :)

GreenComotion said...

Very beautiful car and shadows!
Have a Beautiful Weekend!
Peace :)

Jeannie Marie said...

That is a beautiful car! I really love the classic yellow color.

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Oh, my, what a beauty! You really captured some awesome shots, Ralph!
Well done, sir!

adidas nmd said...

adidas tubular shadow
kobe sneakers
jordans for cheap
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet store
kobe shoes
chrome hearts online
jordan shoes
jordan shoes
basketball shoes