Thursday, February 23, 2012

29 Days-23-Concrete wishbone

We are looking south toward downtown Boston Massachusetts alongside the I-93 Zakim Memorial Bridge
Tina's 29 Days brings me to a place where style and function work equally. The place is under the Charlestown side of the Zakim Bridge in Boston. The look is graceful and sleek. The tower looks almost like a concrete wishbone, bit not weak like the one we find inside a chicken or turkey. Yet the span was designed and built to withstand that it will withstand a 400 mph / 640 km/h wind - the highest ever recorded was 110 mph. So, style and strength work well together!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I always like looking at the Zakim Memorial Bridge - especially if it's in my review mirror as I'm happily heading north to Salem or points beyond!