Wednesday, February 22, 2012

29 Days - Memories are made

An interest in photography bug was perhaps inherited from my grandfather (as I was named after him)

So on day 22 of Tina's 29 Days, I offer this sepia view was in Atlantic City NJ in I believe the late 1940s. He later had an Exa SLR camera in the 1950s, made in Dresden Germany. It could make photographic art of film.

Yet, the camera for him was not art - it was to capture the memories of special times. Like here, standing in front of the posh Traymore, a luxury hotel facing the Atlantic Ocean. Notice that he is holding a box camera - always good to carry around while searching for those memories...


2 comments:

Robin said...

What a dapper fellow, and he looks utterly at home both in front of and with the camera - I can see where you get it Ralph :).

Patti said...

Ah, the Traymore. I'm sure he wanted that classic hotel to be in the photo.

Your grandfather was a handsome guy.