Saturday, April 28, 2012

Shadow Shot Sunday - Savory and sweet

Chicken w/hot peppers
















Antonio's 'bag of donuts' desert




Shadow Shot Sunday 2 is back, and we are on the prowl for shadows. We often set out without knowing where they are, yet hope to capture a few wherever we may be...

My birthday was this week (57 should you ask, but who's counting :), and we went to dinner at a neat place downtown called Antonio's Original, an eclectic eatery. Not expensive, but with a fun menu that also included a side order of shadows...since Allegra had her I-Phone, I requested a picture or two...On top, the contents within the stemware left a shadow that immediately captured my attention...


My chicken was good, the balsamic sweetness countering the hot peppers. Desert is great there, I chose what was referred to as a bag of donuts - eight, freshly fried and covered with powdered sugar, served with sweet dipping sauces (caramel, chocolate and vanilla). Not to mention a few spherical shadows.

(Calorie count is not important when celebrating a birthday. There are 364 days to wokk those off...). Naturally the time spent here yesterday is not just food, but conversation and time together that makes a celebration fun... See many more shadowy iterations at SSS2!

24 comments:

Kelly said...

A belated "happy birthday" to you, Ralph!!

I should not have looked at this post before having my breakfast - it's left my mouth watering! (both the sweet and the savory!) I think it's time to put the kettle on and make my toast.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

The side order of shadows was the best!

Birthday blessings, Ralph!

Seeking Clarity—and Shadows

Cassie said...

Belated Birthday Blessings Balph! (Had to do that.) The food looks so yummy. I've been gaining too much weight lately. Kind of feel like I gained a pound just looking at Patti's Shadow Shots! Happy SSS.

frayedattheedge said...

Belated happy birthday! Who cares about shadows when there are donuts on offer!!

Sylvia K said...

Oh, Happy Belated Birthday indeed, Ralph! And it does look as if you had a delicious birthday dinner! Love the photos and now I'm drooling on my keyboard!!! Enjoy your weekend!!

Sylvia

Catherine said...

The food looks delicious - well photographed

Joan said...

Sounds like a fun celebration.
Wine shadows are always good! :)

robin. said...

happy belated birthday wishes to you ralph!! it looks to have been a happy celebration of you!!

Gemma Wiseman said...

As I eat my ordinary breakfast cereal and peaches, I look at this feast! Sighhhh! A very belated happy birthday wish to you Ralph!

Chubby Chieque said...

Hi Bro...

What a great celebration. Simple but elegant.

Not just the good food you share to make us drool but the palatable shadows too.

Seems they were in your side this week, aren't they?

Happy Belated Bday, bro! GB and many more BDay years to come.

Hugs to you & P from D´Box,
/C

Martha Z said...

Oh, that looks yummy. The chicken might be on my diet but I'm sure the donuts aren't.

Paula Scott said...

Delicious and decadent! Happy Birthday, Ralph!

chubskulit said...

Belated happy birthday Ralph. That food looks so good, it makes me hungry lol.

Ms. Burrito said...

Look so yummy!

Hope you'd come by and see my Shadows. Enjoy your weekend!

Dianne said...

your dessert shadows are delicious

Happy Birthday Ralph

Lighthousegal said...

Yum... looks like you had a wonderful Birthday meal. We shadow seekers are always on the hunt for shadows. They are everywhere, some subtle, some eye popping and very noticeable. But, all lovely!
Hope your Birthday was the Best! Glad you shared a portion of it with us!

Genie said...

Foos Shadows...pretty cool. Nice find. genie

MyMaracas said...

Mmmmmm, donuts. Sounds like a wonderful meal. And you're right - calories don't count on your special day.

Happy Birthday!

BLOGitse said...

Happy belated Birthday!!!
I'm sure you had a great time...food looks yummy!

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Well now, Ralph, a belated happy birthday wish to you. And, you're still young!!! A lot younger than I am. But like you say, who's counting? As with the calorie intake...it all looks so delicious.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Belated happy birthday! Looks like a very nice meal!

Beverley Baird said...

Happy birthday! Looks like a delicious meal - even had shadows!

John McElveen said...

Happy Birthday Ralph--and we are the same age--but I will pass you by in August-;-).

The drizzle of sauce on the stake almost look like shadowy grill marks, and the soft circular shadows are neat!

Great meal and well photographed!!

Thanks my friend!

John

EG CameraGirl said...

I wasn't expecting to feel so hungry looking at shadow shots. :)) Nice work, Ralph!